Pittsburgh – Fall 2008

October 23rd, 2008

Downtown Pittsburgh from the South Side Slopes.
Downtown Pittsburgh from the South Side Slopes.
Purchase a print of this photograph
The point from the confluence of Pittsburgh's Three Rivers.
The point from the confluence of Pittsburgh’s Three Rivers.
Purchase a print of this photograph
Morning sunrise in Pittsburgh over the Allegheny River.
Morning sunrise in Pittsburgh over the Allegheny River.
Purchase a print of this photograph
Fall colors around the Golden Triangle.
Fall colors around the Golden Triangle.
Purchase a print of this photograph
Festival of Lights projecting on the Cathedral of Learning.
Festival of Lights projecting on the Cathedral of Learning.
Purchase a print of this photograph
Moments before sunrise in Pittsburgh.
Moments before sunrise in Pittsburgh.
Purchase a print of this photograph
The North Side of Pittsburgh.
The North Side of Pittsburgh.
Purchase a print of this photograph
The United States Steel Building at dusk.
The United States Steel Building at dusk.
Purchase a print of this photograph
Duquesne Incline with Autumn colors.
Duquesne Incline with Autumn colors.
Purchase a print of this photograph
Sidney Street in the Southside.
Sidney Street in the Southside.
Purchase a print of this photograph
Boating on the Allegheny.
Boating on the Allegheny.
Purchase a print of this photograph
Houses that make up the South Side Slopes.
Houses that make up the South Side Slopes.
Phipps Conservatory.
Phipps Conservatory.
Purchase a print of this photograph
Festival of Lights detail.
Festival of Lights detail.
Purchase a print of this photograph
West End Overlook before sunrise.
West End Overlook before sunrise.
Magic Hour Pittsburgh.
Magic Hour Pittsburgh.
The 16th Street Bridge.
The 16th Street Bridge.
Purchase a print of this photograph
Interior of the Cathedral of Learning.
Interior of the Cathedral of Learning.
Purchase a print of this photograph
Shore of the Allegheny River.
Shore of the Allegheny River.
Purchase a print of this photograph
View of city near the Monastery.
View of city near the Monastery.
Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh.
Fall colors.
Fall colors.
Purchase a print of this photograph
Cathedral of Learning bathed in colors.
Cathedral of Learning bathed in colors.
Purchase a print of this photograph
Smithfield Street Bridge and PPG Place.
Smithfield Street Bridge and PPG Place.
Gateway to downtown.
Gateway to downtown.
Purchase a print of this photograph
Where are the floodlights on One Oxford Center?.
Where are the floodlights on One Oxford Center?.
Pittsburgh's Point
Pittsburgh’s Point
Pittsburgh – Fall 2008
Pin It

Want to use PittsburghSkyline.com photographs for commercial purposes? See the image licensing page.

For other cities I've photographed, visit MetroScenes.com or RaleighSkyline.com

Comments

1. Tim says:

Wow! Stunning! Spectacular! Your best set yet! I always love visiting Pittsburgh. However, I don’t get there as often as I like. Your pictures satisfy my desire to be in Pittsburgh. Well done!

2. Dugdog says:

Rockin! As always.

3. Katie says:

Great pics, little bro! I’ve been checking pretty much every day to see these. The one at the Phipps is awesome,,,,well, they all are!

4. Derek says:

Beautiful Photographs, Well Done! You never cease to amaze with the way you keep finding new ways to shoot the city and the different locations you find that, as a life long resident, i still didn’t know some even existed! Great job on the skyline and the neighborhood shots are your signature, your most recent shot on the South Side Slopes reminds me of visiting my relatives for family supper on Sundays. Outstanding work, keep it up!

5. Robert says:

I knew to look today, just had a feelin that new pics were up. Can you go up to 7Springs this winter???

Please – from Palm Beach Fl.

6. James Kirk says:

I love our city itz so hidden and wonderful!!!

7. Your photos are amazing! I’ve been gone for ten years this month and whenever I’m missing the warm feeling of home on a brisk fall day, like today, I unknowningly find myself looking at your photos. All the pics are great but for me, the shots of the houses on the hillside remind me most of home. What a great warm feeling. Keep up of the great work!

8. Rory Sierocki says:

sweeeet photos please moreee

9. Tony says:

Great photos, as always!! Can’t wait to come back to Pittsburgh in December!

10. Erik says:

Yes! I can’t believe how eagerly I await each new album now! I love the Cathedral pics! Thank you!

11. Darren says:

I assume the fountain at the Point is pink on purpose for some event? The Festival of Lights pictures were cool!! I wonder how much power it took to project those images on the buildings.

12. MARIANNE says:

JUST AS BEAUTIFUL AS I REMEMBERED! MAKES ME HOMESICK. MATT DID AN AWESOME JOB. I WORKED IN MT. WASHINGTON, AND THAT WAS THE BIGGEST PERK OF THE JOB, LOOKING DOWN, ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT, AND OF COURSE, THE 4TH OF JULY!

13. Glenn says:

Brings tears to my eyes. I miss home.

14. SUES says:

UNS OUT DID YOU SELF!!! WOW.

15. Pat says:

Man, those pictures make me want to be home! I live near Raleigh NC now, and the skyline here isn’t nearly as beautiful as the views of Pittsburgh you’ve captured here. Great job! Keep ‘em coming!

16. Anonymous says:

Great pictures n nat, yinz ur doin an awesome job…

17. Ernest says:

What a great collection of Pittsburgh images. Matt never disappoints us!!!

18. kim says:

Your pictures are fabulous. I am always homesick after seeing them. I can’t wait to see the winter photos. Thanks so much.

19. Naynee says:

These pictures are simply marvelous. I’ve been living away for 15 years, but your thoughtful and breathtaking photography brings me home, and leaves me breathless.

20. Bill says:

Thank you! Great work!

21. Eric Matt. says:

Matt,
    You are the man. I am currently living in Georgia, and visit home at least 2 times a year. I also have a fascination with taking photos on home, but I visit your photos far more than my own. Whenever a movie is made in Pittsburgh you should be the scenes director. Your eye will bring out the best images of our gorgeous city. The world needs to get to know Pittsburgh. Best wishes to you. Also, I really want a 4′x7′ canvas of downtown from the Mt. Washington view, to place on the wall of my two story family room. That would be amazing.

22. scott says:

Thanks for the great photos! I’m in NY now, but I come home as often as possible and when I can’t make it for a while, I visit this site.

23. fred says:

darren

the point is pink because of cancer awareness month however i think pittsburgh should change the colors of the fountain water every once in awhile

24. Ken says:

Your an amazing photographer. Do you think you coulg get a hold of some steelers home tickets? Your pictures would look even better if they were of NFL players

25. Lisa says:

I have a request! Could you please include my beloved Squirrel Hill next pictorial? Thank you so much for these lovely pictures.

26. Laura says:

Wow. You truly capture the essence of Pittsburgh. I LOVE your work. I live in Georgia now, but there is no place like the ‘Burgh. Thanks for giving all of us these wonderful visions of home!

27. Cathie says:

lovely i so miss the burgh……… living in New Zealand kinda hard to get home thanks for the pictures.

28. curt sinclair says:

When I view your photographs – I am home.

29. Jennifer says:

WOW what amazing pictures!! I live in Florida now and those pictures are so great to look at I really miss the BURGH!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

30. Rich says:

Thanks so much for bringing me home for at least a little while.

Vegas livin’, Pittsburgh missin’.

31. Jason says:

Great Shots of the city ! Thanks for getting some of the North Side – one of the best places in the city to live !

32. Megan says:

I don’t live in Pittsburgh anymore, but I miss it. Your photography reminds me of why. Amazing work.

33. CHRIS says:

Folks missing the “Burgh”…check out the following link. Most beautiful city in the world (although it doesn’t compare to Matt’s work) Merry Christmas all! http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/video/17662609/index.html LOVE PITTSBURGH!

34. Leeza says:

Incredible as usual! I’m so homesick right now and living in North Carolina. More please….

35. eric says:

After 31 yrs. of living away in a beautiful corner of the States (Eugene, OR.), I continually find myself reminiscing about the “Burg”, my hometown. You would think that time would fade the memories, but not so–for Pittsburgh truly is someplace special. I say this not because I’m from there, but because of the people there who touched me, its beautiful architecture, the uniqueness of its topography and geographical layout, its artistic, cultural and historical heritage, etc. Unfortunately, when most people in the U.S. think of Pittsburgh, they think of the mills and of what existed 50-100 years ago. What is becoming evident, and what your pictures convey is that Pittsburgh, will one day be recognized, (along with San Francisco) as the most beautiful city in America.

36. petar petrov says:

I am from bulgaria.Pittsburgh is the best city.

37. Jamie says:

Flash, You capture the unique beauty of Pittsburgh so well, and your stunning choices of angles and shots are just beyond amazing. Thank you for making this city look as cool as it is.

38. Raymond Brosky says:

Its a beautiful city,however cost too much to live there ,was raised there and will always be in my heart

39. Richard Day says:

Hope to come back to the good old Burgh. Florida is too expensive and not nearly as beautiful as PIT.

40. Gorry says:

I’am from Berlin, Germany and i have never seen a beautiful city like Pittsburgh.
    Congratz to your pics they are all awesome!

41. Kennedy says:

Spectacular! These are some of the best photos I’ve seen! Awesome. Simply beautiful. You nailed it, buddy.

42. Rose says:

Thanks for constant reminder of how wonderful and unusual our city is and how fortunate we are to be a part of it! I love your work, thank you for sharing your talent!!!!!

43. chris says:

ATTENTION ALL PITTSBURGH TRANSPLANTS: If you are homesick and want to be close to home. Log on to http://www.kdkaradio.com between 6 and 9 am., and listen to the morning show streaming live on the internet. It contains national, international, and local news, but most importantly, they throw in all the stories that make Pitsburgh, Pittsburgh. It’s the next best thing to Matt’s work or going home to visit!!!

Peace

44. Steven Kalabokes says:

Beautiful pictures of the City. These pictures make a great statement to folks who may consider living there. The City of Pittsburgh is on the rise!

45. Gino says:

Like most everyone else here, I now live somewhere else. Looking at these pictures makes me wonder why I ever left. You just can’t put a price on some things. Pittsburgh is one of them.

46. yvette says:

Great pics Matt as always.